Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Perfume.

I know, this is a sensitive one. Everyone has the right to smell like a field of flowers, a heavenly angel surrounded by clouds of cotton candy, or even Red Door. I apologize if you wear Red Door. My mother went threw a Red Door phase, and it magically coincided with when my teenage independance started.
We're not asking that people stop wearing perfume. Or cologne. Or using body wash and shampoo that was infused with the very essence of sunshine and honey. Or burning candles that smell like cookies. Or using automatic air fresheners in their bathrooms. We're just asking for some understanding when we have to stand a few feet back or hide our faces in our shirts.
Pregnant women have super human smelling abilities. We can sniff out a pickle from two houses down. My poor husband can't chew gum near me. We know we can't rid the world of aromas. Just please don't bathe in Curve, Man Who Stood too Close in Phoenix. We're not asking the world to adapt to us on this one. I'm just venting. Because I do so love Hobby Lobby, but GRACIOUS do they have to mark the territory with cinammon like that?

No comments: